Vantage, January 23
We didn’t get enough sun here last week so Tony and I went again. He wanted to practice leading gear a bit more, and I will say yes to climbing about 95% (or maybe 99%?) of the time so he knew I’d be up for it (and would bring my rack…). Tony led Crossing The Threshold last week, so this week he got Party In Your Pants (which at 5.8 is the natural next step up). We’re going to be ready for Indian Creek in no time!
- Sunshine Wall, Under Duress, 5.8 sport (TR)
- Sunshine Wall, The Manxome Foe, 5.10a sport (lead) oh wait there are two bolted lines going up from this belay?
- Sunshine Wall, Duress, 5.9 sport (lead) oh, I guess this one is the 9
- Sunshine Wall, Crackmaster Lambada, 5.10b trad (lead) new-to-me route for this time
- Sunshine Wall, Chossmaster, 5.7 sport (lead) I can see why they call this thing chossmaster!
- Sunshine Wall, Party in Your Pants, 5.8 trad (TR) there was a stuck #3 Camalot! and I couldn’t get it out, argh! (and then I got the rope stuck and had to walk around to the top to get it, argh some more!)